Weekend Photography Courses
The Advanced Course will allow you to understand and begin to master the principles of composition, design and perception as well as further expand your knowledge of colour and flash in Photography. Held at weekends, this course is project-driven in and around the West of London.
This is a natural follow up to the Beginners Photography Course, although the only prerequisite is having the skills to master your camera in full manual mode.
Duration: 2 days /12 hours in total
Places: up to 8 students
Requirements: Basic skills, DSLR camera*
Location: Ladbroke Grove area, West London
*If you don’t own a digital camera, you can hire a professional grade DSLR camera from us. Simply indicate that on the booking form.
What will the Advanced Photography course cover?
- Aperture priority, shutter priority and program modes
- Principles of composition (how to frame your images)
- Elements of design
- Choosing the right lenses and perspective
- Developing your own stories by conveying a message
- The psychology of colour
- White balance (pre-set and custom)
- Introduction to flash photography (fill-in flash)
As a student you will:
- Receive hardcopy learning materials to keep
- Receive a Welcome Gift
- Learn how to think critically about your images
- Learn to tell stories though the medium of photography
- Solidify your knowledge of manual exposure
- Explore emblematic areas of West London, such as Portobello Rd